Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Reflections on Disney Maker All Star Creators Conference - Day 3

The third day of the All Star Creators Conference, I knew to expect great things. I awoke at 4:30am (after going to bed at 1 am, mind you) to get ready to be at breakfast at 6am. We picked up a "grab and go" breakfast to eat on the bus and were heading to Magic Kingdom before the theme park was open. As many times as I have been to Walt Disney World in my lifetime, I had NEVER been into the parks before they were open or after they were closed. The experiences at Hollywood Studios after close and on this morning were definitely two highlights of the trip.

DSC_9861

We arrived at Magic Kingdom through a side gate and were confined to the new Fantasyland area. My Disney Rep, Melissa, and I headed straight to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train  to get in line for the ride mount. I ended up being the first person in line and we waited a few minutes for the sun to come up completely. The Seven Dwards Mine Train was fantastic, definitely a lot of fun and I loved the ride mount footage I ended up with from it. This will be a "must see" on our next visit to Walt Disney World with the girls, as I think my preschoolers will LOVE this ride. It has just the right amount of speed and hills without going too fast for them, and there are lots of fun things to see inside of the mountain in the Seven Dwarfs mining area. Snow White may become a favorite princess for them after riding this ride.

DSC_9876

We then headed to Dumbo for ride mount footage and that was also quick as I was the first one in line over there as well. I of course have been on Dumbo MANY a times, so this one was a little bitter sweet for me, as it just isn't the same without a squealing preschooler sitting next to you. I knew I wouldn't be using the ride mount footage in my final video submission to Disney either for this reason. It was a fun ride though and I loved being able to look at their camera mount equipment on this ride since I had a little bit more time to check it out. (And wasn't being slung up and down in the air like Tower of Terror.)

DSC_9851

After that ride we had some free time and a meet and greet that turned out being ADORABLE with Snow White and Dopey. While Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has honestly never really been my favorite Disney movie for some reason, I have to admit - Snow White earned some MAJOR bonus points with me that day and Dopey was just adorable as well. We had a fun dancing time, they were both very sweet to chat with, and... well, come to think of it - maybe I should watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs again to give it another chance.

When the ride mount portion of the morning was over (all still prior to the theme park being "officially" open) we headed to stand in front of the castle for a group photo! This was a good time and I ended up directly behind someone's head, but at least you can "kind of" see me there. From there, we headed back to the buses for another conference session morning.
Photo Credit: Walt Disney World
Photo Credit: Walt Disney World

The conference session that morning started with an opening discussion with Vin Di Bona, the creator of the hit TV series, America's Funniest Home Videos. He gave great insight into persistence, believing in your ideas, and also to how things have changed over the years in the film industry. YouTuber CharismaStar, also spoke about her journey with Youtube and was a great inspiration.

From there... probably what I will look back on as one of my favorite parts of the event began... James Ford Murphy, the director of the new short film by Pixar, Lava, spoke and was incredibly inspirational. This is what got my wheels turning and I really started to get excited as I began have realizations. We also had the producer of the Pixar short, Paperman speak to us as well - and after watching all three films, LavaFeast, and Paperman... I realized. This is what (in a much smaller scale) we DO on YouTube. How had this never occured to me? We are short film markers AND story tellers. We can share a story with the world... and my inspiration went from there. This time with Pixar Studios was fantastic and the audience was definitely moved to tears a few times during the shows.

After the morning conference session was over, it was time for lunch and to head into the parks again! This time, we only had a few short hours before we needed to head to Hollywood Studios for a group dinner, so I tried to make a list of items I still needed to film and which parks we should plan to go to. We went back to Magic Kingdom - it's a classic - to look at a few snacks, and then headed over to Hollywood Studios for the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Dinner!

We made it in to the park a little early and had time to ride Rockin' Roller Coaster, but on the way into the park I was able to meet up with yet another mommy YouTuber - Jessica from as3rd23 was at the park that night with her husband and we got a chance to say "hello" as she was heading out & I was heading in!! She was a sweetheart and I'm excited that will be collaborating together on the new Moms with Mouse Ears collaborative Disney channel! We also had time to ride Star Tours before heading to dinner.

I've seen the Indiana Jones Stunt Show a number of times... but one thing I'd never done before this, was eat dinner on the floor of the show area! After the show, they pulled back the stage and had tables set up, and we had dinner catered right there in the show area! The food was great and I was especially excited about a brownie that had glitter "sparkles" all over the top of it - because 2015 IS the year to sparkle after all! It was another fantastic meal and after things finished up, it was time to head back to the hotel for our last night at Walt Disney World!

Check out my third day of videos from the All Star Creators Conference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CHBoz5HH8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idWaJ21Kd9M

** FTC Disclaimer: I received an all expenses paid trip to attend the All Star Creators Conference after winning a video contest showing my Disney Side! I was not paid to blog or vlog the conference. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment