Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New, Year, New Style! Transitioning from Traditional to Farmhouse Vintage

One of my goals for 2017 was to explore my home decor style and try out some different decor trends that had been speaking to me lately. I consider my decor style to be more on the traditional side, but I also appreciate a bit of vintage and rustic feel from time to time. I like to keep our home comfortable and cozy, not on the stuffier side of traditional.



Lately I've liked different aspects of the "Farmhouse" or "Farmhouse Vintage" look, especially the clean whites, bright rooms, and vintage touches. This is a bit of a departure from the darker furniture that I've gravitate towards in the past. I don't plan on running out and buying a whole house worth of furniture the first week of 2017, but rather over the course of the year working towards developing our home style to something that I feel is most suited for us at the current time.

There are two rooms that I want to focus on at the offset - the kitchen and the living room. I feel like these two rooms could be most benefit from the Farmhouse style of decorating.

Beginning of 2017, Kitchen Eat in Area "Before":



Beginning of 2017, Living Room "Before":



In the kitchen, I'm planning on adding in some word graphic signs, cream or white colored dishes, and I believe I've even found some great linen chairs to complete the look!

New mug rack area in my kitchen! Most items found at HomeGoods!

Sign found at Hobby Lobby that I'm planning on adding in to the kitchen!

For the living room, I'm planning on keeping our furniture the same for now, but adding in touches of decor like new artwork over the main couch, light & bright throw pillows, and possibly an additional sitting chair for the room.

I recently posted a Home Decor Haul on YouTube of some different home decor finds that I picked up for the living room and family room areas... check it out here!




I'll be sure to update on Being Mommy with Style YouTube channel and here on the blog over the course of the year... I can't wait to compare the before to the after for the year, and I hope to see how exploring my style over the course of 2017 led to a more defined home style for our house!



** This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment