Saturday, March 28, 2015

5 Reasons Why Being a YouTuber is AWESOME!

... and why you should YouTube too!
This post just randomly hit me one evening while unloading the dishwasher... yes, dishwasher - but honestly, I loved the concept and wanted to share why I LOVE being a YouTuber! And why you should consider trying out YouTube too!



BeingMommywithStyle YouTube Channel!

1. There is a community for everyone on YouTube!
I'm a part of the mommy, housewife, and handbag communities on YouTube... upon further investigation, I began to realize that there are a TON of sub-communities on YouTube and you can pretty much find your niche where ever your heart is happy! Love horse back riding? I'm sure there is a community for that. Toys... reviews, skits, YouTube has them. And I can absolutely guarantee you there are thriving mechanical and Jeep communities - as my husband checks in on them regularly!

So the best part about this, is whatever your interests are - you can more often than not find like minded people to converse with.

2. Which brings me to my next point... it's FUN!
The filming and editing process are actually a lot of fun for me to partake in - but beyond that, the back end... where you get to talk to people about your content and meet other YouTubers with similar content is a lot of FUN! You can get into some great and productive discussions through the comments and it is nice to know there are people "just like you" out there in the world!

3. It is a great way to diversify your Social Media portfolio
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... but if you're interested in the business side of things - YouTube IS a giant in the social media world and is a HUGE influencer for our younger generations. Just look at Shopkins! (Don't know what Shopkins are? What is a Shopkin you ask? You obviously don't have a preschooler... but just go ahead and search "blind bag" for a moment in YouTube - and you will find an entire world that toddlers, preschoolers, and young children alike are enamored with... being driven by YouTube videos.) It also is a great addition to the social media that you are already connected with your viewers or readers.
Videos are a great way to connect with your audience on a personal level and also the advertising placed on them is quite powerful.
And that brings us to...

4. People actually make money doing YouTube!
What? You read that right. (I just had to backspace "heard" instead of read... see, even my brain things "in YouTube".) YouTube is a fun hobby, where you can meet like-minded people, and even have the possibility of gaining revenue! While YouTubers aren't allowed to talk specifics about their numbers and what they are making, there are examples of YouTubers that are successfully (very successfully) doing it as a "full-time gig", some that are just making a bit of extra cash... and a whole lot of ranges in between.

5. It helps preserve priceless memories in a way you can continue to look back and enjoy them for years to come.
I'm a bit biased on this one - since I consider myself primarily "a YouTuber that sometimes blogs" - and not vice versa, a blogger that is trying out YouTube... I feel like I have a unique perspective on this one, and yes, it's probably a bit biased.

It is my belief though that video documentation whether through "day in the life" style videos (vlogging your life DAILY!) or through occasional life updates are these fantastic capsules where you capture moments that wouldn't have other wise been captured, may have otherwise been lost in your memory bank... and you have them in perpetuity to look back on. It's amazing to be able to pull up a random Tuesday in August 2013 and see... what we had for breakfast. How little my daughters were! Aww, look at their favorite toys... and the list goes on. I get the warm squishies just thinking about looking back on old videos, so you can imagine what actually going through them does!

I hope this list has inspired you to give YouTube a try! It really is quite FUN!

What about you? Are you a YouTuber? Do you already have a channel or have been thinking about starting one?

Check out my YouTube Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment